1. Call to Order - A regular meeting of the Staff Senate of Missouri State University was called to order at Plaster Student Union, PSU 313 on August 2, 2007, at 1:35 p.m. Marline Faherty, Chair presided and Dianna Thimesch recorded the proceedings of the meeting.
2. Roll Call
Present: Marline Faherty, Kelly Barnts, Lynna Roller, Dianna Thimesch, John Avery, Cindi Barnett, Ron Boaz, Donald Clark, Casey Comoroski, Roger, Duclos, Marian Green, Norm Griffith, Konya Knackstedt, Steven Lowery, Sue McCrory, Emily McGee, Lenord McGownd, Cathy McFall, Dale Moore, Rebecca Woodard
Absent: Pat Day, Patrick Byers, Glen Fletcher, Sheila Morris, Thomas Norrell, Dennis Perry, Debbie Branson, SuzAnn Ferguson
Guests: Steve Mills, Lisa McEowen, Sheila Ponder, Diana Garland, Sue Amory
3. Approval of Minutes - The minutes of the open regular meeting of June 7, 2007 were approved as printed.
4. Guest Speaker - Sheila Bowen—Wellness Coordinator informed Staff Senate Members of all the new health programs that are being implemented and the programs and events that are to come for Missouri State.
5. Officer Report
- Marline reported on the resignation of Edie Sarten, Chair of Denim Days. Marline noted there would need to be a new chair elected. Cathy McFall was nominated and she accepted. Cathy stated she will do a committee meeting and report to Staff Senate at the next regular meeting.
- Marline also wants to know what we (Staff Senate) want to tell President Neitzel will be our goals for the year and she would like Senate members to email the exec committee with their ideas.
- June McHaney stated there is a new internal affairs ethics and compliance hotline tied in to the whistleblower policy which was approved by the university board of governors.
- Dale Moore stated Staff Senate needs to send out to university a climate survey this year as it needs to be done every 2 or 3 years. Cindy Barnett concurred by stating; how do we know what staff wants if we don’t ask and the board asked 2 years ago to do this type of survey of the university.
6. Committee Reports
- Work Study – Dale Moore -- extended through last Friday, July 27, 2007 the on line survey. 721 responses -- 2 faculty members are analyzing data -- will do focus groups.
- Equity & Diversity—Casey Comoroski--doing campus climate survey this fall. Also Partner in Prevention will do awareness for social norming and their focus will be underage drinking and sexual harassment.
7. New Business
- Covered under Officers Report
8. Adjournment - The meeting adjourned at 2:30 p.m.
The next regular meeting is at 1:30 p.m. on September 6, 2007 in Plaster Student Union Room 313.
Secretary, Staff Senate
Secretary, Staff Senate