Before Your SOAR Session
- Create your BearPass Login and email address
Memorize your login password, as you will use this account to register for classes at SOAR.
- Register for a SOAR session
Refrain from make ANY travel, work, vacation or accommodation arrangements for yourself or your family members until you receive a confirmation email at your Missouri State email account.
- Complete a Student Housing Contract OR request an exception to the Housing Policy
Students must have on file either a completed Student Housing Contract or an APPROVED exception to the University Housing Policy form. Students WILL NOT be permitted to register for classes at SOAR until this requirement has been met.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Doing so allows you to apply for financial aid at Missouri State.
- Send final transcripts
Request that your high school or any institution awarding you college credit send final, official transcripts to the office of admissions.
- Review information regarding placement and waiver exams
Visit the website above for more information, including formats and times at which each exam is offered. While optional, we recommend taking these exams as they can be advantageous to you.
- Print a parking pass and get directions to SOAR parking
Visit the link above to print a parking pass for use in Lot 9, the designated SOAR parking lot. Vehicles parked in any other areas—including reserved, metered, or visitor parking--WILL be ticketed.
- Request accommodations for any disabilities
Students with disabilities should contact the Disability Resource Center to arrange accommodations for SOAR. Participants with mobility issues should consider bringing a family member or friend for assistance.
- Complete the Foster Recreation Center liability waiver
Visit the Campus Recreation channel on the Profile tab of your My Missouri State page to complete the waiver. Students are required to complete this waiver online prior to using FRC facilities.
- Complete the Medical History Form and Immunization Record
Print and complete this form, then submit it to Taylor Health and Wellness Center staff during your SOAR session.
- Watch the Registration System Demonstration Video
Doing so will help make your registration process easier during SOAR!