The SOAR program is designed for all first-time freshmen. A first-time freshman is defined as a student with fewer than 24 transferrable credit hours earned after their high school graduation.
At SOAR, you will:
- Learn information about the University and campus life
- Speak with an academic advisor
- Register for your first semester of classes
- Meet faculty, staff and other students
SOAR also offers a corresponding family orientation program designed to help families of our new students the transition to college. Attendance at the family orientation program is optional but highly recommended.
Family programming will provide:
- Information about University services and activities
- Tips for helping students transition to Missouri State
- Opportunities to meet other families
- Question and answer sessions with faculty, staff and current students