Why study accounting at Missouri State?
- By blending courses on accounting principles and business ethics, our program focuses on developing your technical accounting skills and giving you the professional foundation to prepare you for success in the workplace.
- All classes are taught by qualified faculty members, so you learn directly from experts in the field.
- Through the Business Advisement Center, you receive excellent advising and scheduling support as you pursue your education and career goals.
- With a Career Center location in Glass Hall, you can easily access career resources as you search for jobs and prepare your job application materials.
- Student organizations provide you with the opportunity to learn from professionals in accounting through networking events and lectures.
Learn the language of business
Are you a quick thinker? Do you like numbers? The accounting program at Missouri State blends courses in accounting, general business, economics and ethics to prepare you for careers in a variety of settings. You will develop a foundation in accounting fundamentals and then progress into more advanced courses in financial, tax and managerial accounting, business systems and auditing.
The skills you develop in our accounting program will prepare you to enter the workforce as a financial information professional. Your education will enable you to become a valuable member of any organization that you might join whether that organization is a public accounting firm, in private industry, a nonprofit or a governmental agency. All organizations have a need for accounting professionals.
If you are interested in sitting for your Certified Public Accountant exam in Missouri, the undergraduate program transitions easily into a Master of Accountancy program, whether through an accelerated or traditional format.