Missouri State University has a single purpose: to develop educated persons. According to Missouri State's vision, an educated person:
- is literate in the broadest sense,
- has an appreciation for the beauty and complexities of citizenship in the community and in the world,
- has the skills and motivation to continue to learn after leaving the university, and
- can solve problems through the mastery and use of one or more academic disciplines.
Staff are devoted to helping students be academically successful. As decisions about courses, a major, and career options are initiated, the first year is most critical. Through the partnership, staff in Student Development and Public Affairs will answer questions and offer suggestions to give students the competitive edge that will help them succeed. .
Partners in Education (PIE) helps address the needs of students in their freshman year by creating a partnership of students, their families, and Student Development and Public Affairs staff. These professional staff open communication lines and provide support services to improve the academic success of students.
Services will be provided to members of Partners in Education after the student signs the waiver to release information. Members are entitled to the following exclusive benefits:
- Letters or Emails: Each fall semester a letter or an email (whichever you select) is sent to Partners in Education that discusses academic policies, curricular changes, and advisement concerns. The communications also accompany mid-semester progress reports during fall and spring semesters. These letters or emails identify additional services at Missouri State, and include reminders of important dates such as registration for subsequent semesters.
- Mid-Semester Progress Report: A progress report will be mailed or emailed from the Student Development & Public Affairs Office to Partners in Education members at mid-semester.
- Final Grades: Final grades will be mailed or emailed each semester to non-student PIE members. The student will access grades (using his/her computer account user ID) on the My Missouri State portal at https://my.missouristate.edu/
- Telephone Assistance: When questions, concerns, or problems arise, members may call the Student Development & Public Affairs Office, as follows:
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
To become a member of Partners in Education, a student must agree on the benefits page and electronically sign the Student Release of Confidential Information form. (The release does not apply to personal counseling, health, or financial information protected by FERPA; however, if students are experiencing problems in these areas, University staff will be happy to assist in identifying available resources.) The student has the right to withdraw the release at any time.
This page may be accessed by logging on to https://my.missouristate.edu/, clicking on the Profile tab, clicking on Online Agreements and clicking on Partners in Education.