LABOR DAY WEEKEND SHUTTLE CHANGES: The Pink Route will not run on Friday and Saturday. The evening Maroon Route will not run on Sunday, but will run on Monday. Normal shuttle schedule resumes on Tuesday.
The BearLine Shuttle Stop on the southside of Hammons Student Center (Bear Boulevard / Holland) moved to the northside on Harrison St. August 27 - September 2, 2017 to allow for city utilities to do waterline improvements.
The BearLine Shuttle will be running normal schedules when classes are in session.
IF classes are Not in-session, but University offices are Open the Red and Gold route will combine and run approximately every 15 minutes from 7am to 6pm.
Please Note: The shuttles will not be running any routes when classes are not in-session and University offices are closed.
We are now offering a new route that will be running to the Glen Isle Shopping Center. This route will be running 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Monday & Wednesday, 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Tuesday & Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Friday. The shuttle will make stops at Plaster Student Union and Glen Isle Center approximately every 25 minutes.
BearLine offers a convenient and safe way to travel -- no matter where your destination on campus. Just JUMP ON from any of the well-lit, covered shuttle stops conveniently located across campus. Shuttles are climate controlled and offer a comfortable ride. No individual fares will be charged to any passenger. Buses are specially equipped for persons with disabilities.
Commuters -- leave the driving to us!
BearLine can help take the pressure off finding a parking place in crowded lots. Simply park in one of the spacious, covered parking garages -- Bear Park North, located off John Q. Hammons Parkway with entrances on Cherry and Elm Streets, and Bear Park South, located at the intersection of Holland and Grand -- and catch the shuttle. Just be sure to arrive about 15 minutes early to allow plenty of time to reach your destination.
- Please remove backpacks before boarding the shuttles. Backpacks should be carried and not worn while riding the shuttles.
- The shuttles stop at locations designed by Bear Line shuttle stop signs. Please wait at the stop for the shuttle to arrive. Allow passengers to move out of the way before you board.
- All shuttles are equipped with special life devices to allow persons in wheel chairs full use of the Bear Line.
- Your safety is important. Watch your step when boarding and leaving the shuttles. Use the handrails when walking or standing in the shuttles. Keep hands and arms inside the shuttles at all times.
- Smoking is not permitted on the Bear Line.
- Food and drink may not be consumed on the shuttles. To avoid inconveniencing other passengers, food and drink must be in closed containers. Open or unsealed containers of alcohol are not permitted.
- Service animals are allowed on Bear Line shuttles, however, pets are not.
- No weapon, dangerous instrument, or any other item intended for use as a weapon may be carried on a Bear Line shuttle. This provision does not apply to law enforcement personnel commissioned within Greene County or the City of Springfield or by the State of Missouri, federal officers, or to persons whom have been issued a permit to carry a concealed weapon on campus by the Director of Safety and Transportation, pursuant to G2.02.
- Any person who is observed to be violating any of these rules and who may receive or has received a notice of violation therefore is subject to ejection.