October 1, 2013
Early today, a man reported that he was robbed on campus. The man, who is not a student at MSU but was here to work on a construction project, reported that he was walking in the area of Harrison and Hammons Parkway, at approximately 6:30am, when he was approached by two suspects that got out of a vehicle. The suspects approached him and demanded his keys, threatening that they had guns, however the only weapon displayed was a baseball bat. The suspects were described as white males, early 20's, one was 5'7" and 160lbs. with tattoos on his neck. The second was 6'1", 180 lbs. with a brown beard. The vehicle was described as a gray 90's model 4-door Pontiac, similar to a Grand Prix, with a black pinstripe down the side.
This case is under current investigation by the Springfield Police Department. If you have any information as to the identity of these two suspects, please call the Springfield Police Department at 417-864-1810, or the MSU Safety/Substation at 417-836-5509.
- Listen to your instincts.
- Meet in public areas.
- Protect yourself with strangers and acquaintances.
- Do not walk alone on or off campus, especially after dark.
- If you go out, walk in groups.
- Call 911 or 417-836-5509 if you're a victim of a crime.
- Notify staff immediately if you have any questions.