The purpose of crime alert bulletins are to inform the campus community of known incidents or activities occurring in the area which may pose a threat to their safety and security. In the event of a known or possible threat to physical safety, alert bulletins will be posted in the affected area and this site as soon as possible. If you have knowledge of a threat to the safety and security of the campus or surrounding community, please contact Safety and Transportation Department or the Springfield Police Department.
Safety and Transportation Phone: 836-5509
Springfield Police Department Phone: 836-5327
There are no Crime or Safety Alerts at this time.
Sexual Harassment and Rape Prevention (SHARP) training is free and available to all female MSU students, faculty, and staff. Students can register online through the Campus Recreation webpage; faculty and staff can register through the Human Resources Training webpage.
If you or a friend have been the victim of assault, you are encouraged to contact the above listed numbers for immediate assistance. You may also contact the Dean of Students Office at 836-5527, Monday-Friday, to understand your rights and seek University assistance.
- Listen to your instincts
- Meet in public areas
- Protect yourself with strangers and acquaintances
- If drinking, particularly with people you don't know very well, drink responsibly
- If you go out, walk in groups
- "Safe Walk" escorts are available upon request by safety personnel to escort students, faculty, or staff by calling 836-5509
- Call 911 or 836-5509 if you're a victim of a crime
- Notify staff immediately if you have any questions
Anyone wishing to report criminal activity is asked to contact MSU Substation at 836-5509/836-5510 or Dial 911