(Certifiable grades 9-12)
- General Education Requirements - see General Education Program and Requirements section of catalog
The following required courses can be used to meet both General Education and Major Requirements: BIO 121(4); MTH 261(5); CSC 111(3); GRY 108(3); AST 115(4) or PHY 100(4)
- Major Requirements
- Core (22 hours): PHY 100(4), 203(5), 204(5), 375(3), 385(2), 509(3)
- Major Electives (8 hours): Select additional hours from any PHY or AST course numbered 200 or higher, except for PHY 501, with no more than three hours at the 200 level.
- Related Requirements (34 hours): MTH 261(5), 280(5), 302(3); CSC 111(3); AST 115(4); BIO121(4); CHM 160(4); GRY 108(3); SCI 505(3)
Public Affairs Capstone Experience will be fulfilled by completion of SCI 493(6).
- Professional Education Courses (38 hours). Note: A grade of “C” or better in each course is required for state certification.
- SCI 214(1), 314(3), 414(3), 493(6), 494(6)
- Professional Education Required Core and Competencies - see Teacher Certification, Teacher Education Program and Secondary Education Requirements section of catalog
- This program also requires compliance with the Teacher Education Program requirements for eligibility to enroll in Professional Education courses; admission to and continuance in the Teacher Education Program; approval for supervised teaching; and recommendation for certification; as well as the requirements for Secondary Education. Refer to the Teacher Education Program section of the catalog for requirements.
- General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements - see General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements section of catalog
- In order to meet Missouri state teacher certification requirements, candidates for the Bachelor of Science in Education degree are required to meet the following grade point average requirements: at least a 2.75 GPA on all course work attempted at all colleges attended; at least a 3.00 GPA in the certificate subject area (major field of study) which includes all courses listed under B; at least a 3.00 GPA in any additional certificate subject area; at least a 3.00 GPA in the professional education courses which includes all courses listed under C; and no grade lower than a "C" in all professional education courses. All GPA requirements include both Missouri State and transfer grades.
Accelerated Master of Natural and Applied Science
Eligible Missouri State undergraduate students in a major in the College of Natural and Applied Sciences may apply for preliminary acceptance into the Master of Natural and Applied Science program after admission requirements for the accelerated master's option have been satisfied. If accepted, a maximum of 12 credit hours from approved graduate-level courses may be counted toward both the graduate and undergraduate degrees (Mixed Credit). This option offers an opportunity for CNAS majors whose goals, academic capabilities, and career planning include graduate work, to complete the requirements for the master’s degree in less time than would otherwise be possible. Refer to the Graduate Catalog for more information.
For courses to be designated as Mixed Credit, the graduate advisor, undergraduate department head, and Graduate College dean must approve by signing the Permission for Mixed Credit form. This form must be provided to the Office of the Registrar in Carrington Hall 320 no later than the end of the Change of Schedule Period for the semester.