A Surplus Property Disposal Auction will be held June 10, 2015. This auction will affect the regular schedule for surplus property warehouse viewing.
- April 21 is the last day prior to auction the Surplus Warehouse will be open for viewing by faculty and staff.
- The warehouse will be closed for viewing in May and June.
- July 21- the warehouse will be open for viewing.
Surplus Property Warehouse viewing is available on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Surplus equipment can be used back on campus for University use only. Facility and Staff can view surplus property on the third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. If a department identifies item(s) they can use back on campus, they will be required to complete a request form. Property Control will then transport the item(s) back to campus.
The warehouse will be open on the following days:
APRIL 21 - OPEN
MAY 19 - CLOSED, to prepare for Public Auction in June
JUNE 16 - CLOSED, no inventory available
JULY 21 - OPEN
AUG 18 - OPEN
SEPT 15 - OPEN
The University has the following policy concerning the re-use of surplus equipment and supplies:
- Surplus equipment and supplies can be used back on campus for University use only. Facility and Staff can view surplus property on the third Tuesday of each month from 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
- The surplus storage warehouse is located at 641 W. Wall Street (downtown Springfield).
The warehouse can be reached:
- North on Campbell at Grand Street, then left on Mill Street, right on Main Street, left onto Wall Street.
- South on Main Street at Chestnut Expressway, then right onto Wall Street (third street on right from Chestnut)
- A list of items stored in surplus is not maintained. Please do not call Property Control asking if there are specific items at the warehouse. Examples of available property are: Various media items, televisions, refrigerators, microwaves, office chairs, student chairs, metal and wood desks, tables, file cabinets, and vehicles.
- Computer equipment will only be released to Computer Coordinators, Computer Services, or College of Natural and Applied Sciences (CNAS) Electronic Support. The reason for this restriction is that most computers have already had components removed by the preceding University departments/personnel and the units are generally not in good working order.
- Departments that select equipment to be returned to campus, and then send the equipment back to surplus within ninety (90) days, will be charged fifty dollars ($50.00) though a budget transfer to Property Control.
- Equipment that requires extensive repair, or is deemed unacceptable for return to campus, will not be returned. This decision shall be made at the discretion of the Property Coordinator or their designee.
For more information contact Property Control:
Coordinator of Property Control