Surplus Property Disposal Public Auction scheduled for October 8, 2014
In Preparation for this auction the following schedule applies:
- Sept. 16: last day prior to auction Property Control will accept surplus retrieval request forms
- Sept. 16: last day prior to auction the Surplus Warehouse will be open for viewing by faculty and staff
- Oct. 8: Auction Day
- Oct. 13: Property Control will resume retrieving surplus from campus
- Oct. 21 Surplus Warehouse reopens for monthly viewing by faculty and staff
For information on the October 8, 2014 Surplus Property Auction go back to the main Property Control page and click on surplus auction link.
Op8.21 The Surplus Equipment Policy (see below) is in the process of being updated.
The policy states the surplus warehouse is open every Tuesday. This has been changed to every 3rd Tuesday of each month.
Surplus property may be retrieved and used back on campus for University use only.
(see Surplus Usage Policy below for details)
Surplus Property warehouse viewing is available every 3rd Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
The University has the following policy concerning the re-use of surplus equipment and supplies:
- Surplus equipment and supplies can be used back on campus for University use only. Facility and Staff can view surplus property on Tuesday afternoons from 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
- The surplus storage warehouse is located at 641 W. Wall Street (downtown Springfield).
The warehouse can be reached:
- North on Campbell at Grand Street, then left on Mill Street, right on Main Street, left onto Wall St.
- South on Main St. at Chestnut Expressway, then right onto Wall (third st. on right from Chestnut)
- A list of items stored in surplus is not maintained. Please do not call Property Control asking if there are specific items at the warehouse. Examples of available property are: various media items, televisions, refrigerators, microwaves, office chairs, student chairs, metal and wood desks, tables, file cabinets, and vehicles.
- Computer equipment will only be released to Computer Coordinators, Computer Services, or CNAS Electronic Support. The reason for this restriction is that most computers have already had components removed by the preceding University departments/personnel and the units are generally not in good working order.
- Departments that select equipment to be returned to campus, and then send the equipment back to surplus within ninety (90) days, will be charged fifty dollars ($50) though a budget transfer to Property Control.
- Equipment that requires extensive repair, or is deemed unacceptable for return to campus, will not be returned. This decision shall be made at the discretion of the Property Coordinator or his designee.
For more information contact Property Control:
Property Control Specialist
Property Control Manager