To complete a master’s or specialist degree, a candidate must:
- Complete the minimum number of credit hours required for the graduate program (minimum hours for different programs range from 30 to 83). Keep in mind that courses taken for undergraduate credit may not be used on the Program of Study for a master’s or specialist degree;
- Complete at least one-half of the minimum semester hours in courses with no undergraduate parallel course;
- Attain a grade point average of at least 3.0 on all graduate work utilized in the degree program that includes Missouri State University and transfer courses;
- Satisfy a research requirement;
- Pass a comprehensive examination (applies to all programs except the MBA, MAcc, MS in CIS, MS in PAS and MS in Project Management);
- Meet all additional program-specific degree requirements; and
- Complete all requirements within an eight-year period (exclusive of time spent in the U.S. Armed Forces).
Entities affected by this policy
All degree seeking or non-degree seeking graduate students.