Applies to the Administrative Requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. 45 CFR Section 164.530(d)
The Employee Benefit Plan has implemented a complaint procedure to receive, resolve, and monitor complaints regarding its privacy procedures and policies. The Employee Benefit Plan Privacy Official shall be responsible for ensuring that these procedures are maintained.
- An individual with a complaint alleging the Employee Benefit Plan’s failure to comply with its privacy policies and procedures shall direct the written complaint to the Employee Benefit Plan’s Privacy Official.
- The Privacy Official will investigate and take appropriate steps to resolve all such complaints.
- If the Privacy Official receives a complaint or other credible evidence that a Business Associate has violated the privacy rules or policies, the Privacy Official will follow the procedures created to implement corrective action in accordance with the provisions of the Business Associate policy.
- There will be no retaliation against an individual for making a good faith complaint regarding a violation of the privacy policies and procedures.
- The Privacy Official will maintain documentation of complaints received and their resolution for a period of six years from their date of creation.
Effective Date: April 14, 2003