Why pursue a Master of Music degree at Missouri State?
As a student in the Master of Music program at Missouri State, you will continue to develop your individual talents, interests and philosophies related to music. While the degree will prepare you for the many challenges of the music profession.
The Master of Music degree enables graduate students to let their artistic talents flourish as they develop professional skills in composition, conducting, music education, music performance, pedagogy, and theory. Students will receive one-on-one attention from an exceptional faculty of active musicians who hold doctorates in their fields. You can complete this graduate degree in as little as two years in one of the following tracks:
- Conducting (Choral, Wind or Orchestral)
- Music Education
- Pedagogy (the science of teaching an instrument)
A final research project is required of each candidate.
Missouri State University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
In addition, the University’s graduate music programs offer the following:
- Diverse programs, practical courses, expert faculty and up-to-date resources
- Flexibility with electives so you can customize your studies
- Preparation to pursue a doctoral degree