** Application deadline extended to Feb. 1, 2013. **
Who may apply:
Any current high school sophomore or junior may apply to the Missouri Fine Arts Academy may apply in the following areas of study:
- Visual Arts (painting, drawing, sculpture, ceramics, photography, digital art)
- Theatre (acting)
- Dance (modern, ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop)
- Creative Writing (fiction, short story, poetry, playwriting, spoken word)
- Music (vocal or instrumental performance, songwriting, composition, electronic music)
To apply in another artistic discipline, please contact MFAA Director Ray Castrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-836-6607.
Each applicant must submit
- A completed student application form
The application is now available online (preferred method) or a .pdf version* is available to electronically complete and email to email@example.com, or to complete and mail by Dec. 7 Feb. 1, 2013.
In about 500 words, describe how your involvement in the arts impacts your life and how you imagine the interdisciplinary and collaborative experiences of MFAA might affect your life and your art.
Email or mail your essay response by Dec. 7 Feb. 1, 3013.
- Student evaluation by school personnel
Provide your school counselor or teacher the MFAA Student Evaluation form* to electronically complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to complete and mail. Deadline is Dec. 7 Feb. 1, 2013.
- A portfolio (digital or physical) for visual artists and creative writers, or video performance for actors, dancers, vocalists, and instrumentalists, or audio files/scores for electronic musicians/composers.
Closely follow MFAA's Portfolio and Video Performance Preparation Guidelines*.
Please note that we are unable to return any application materials.
* These PDF files require Adobe Reader® to view and successfully complete. If no plugin is available to open PDF files within web browser, right-click on the document link to save the file to desktop and then open with Adobe Reader.
MFAA 2013 application deadline has been extended to Feb. 1, 2013By Feb. 1, 2013, the completed application, including essay, evaluation, and portfolio or audio/video performances, must be submitted digitally or postmarked to
Missouri Fine Arts Academy
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
A panel of artists and educators adjudicate applications.
Applicants will be notified early in January, 2013, of their status for MFAA 2013.
For any additional information, please contact Ray Castrey, MFAA Director, at email@example.com or 417-836-6607.