Who may apply
Any current high school sophomore or junior may apply to the Missouri Fine Arts Academy may apply in the following areas of study:
- Visual Arts (painting, drawing, sculpture, ceramics, photography, digital art)
- Theatre (acting)
- Dance (modern, ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop)
- Creative Writing (fiction, short story, poetry, playwriting, spoken word)
- Music (vocal or instrumental performance, songwriting, composition, electronic music)
To apply in another artistic discipline, please contact MFAA Director Ray Castrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-836-6607.
Each applicant must submit all the following application materials:
Student application formThe application is now available online (preferred method) or a .pdf version* is available to electronically complete and email to email@example.com.
EssayIn about 500 words, describe the impact of the arts in your life and how the interdisciplinary and collaborative experiences of MFAA might help you grow as an artist and person.
You may type and email essay separately or use the MFAA Student Application essay form*.
Student evaluation by school personnelProvide a teacher, counselor, or other school official who knows you well with the MFAA Student Evaluation form*, and have him/her submit the form electronically or by mail.
A portfolio/video performanceVisual artists and creative writers must submit a digtal or physical portfolio of their work. Actors, dancers, and musicians must submit a performance video. Composers/electronic musicians may submit audio files and/or scores of their work. Closely follow MFAA's Portfolio and Video Performance Preparation Guidelines*.
Please note that we are unable to return any application materials.
* PDF forms require Adobe Reader® to view and successfully complete. For best results, right-click on the document link to save the file to computer desktop and then open with Adobe Reader.
All application materials must be electronically submitted or postmarked to:
Missouri Fine Arts Academy
901. S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
Early applicants will be notified by Feb. 24, 2014 of their status for MFAA 2014.
For any additional information, please contact Ray Castrey, MFAA Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-836-6607.