Why study Spanish at Missouri State University?
- Our expert faculty from around the world provide you with a learning experience that can sharpen your speaking, writing and conversation skills.
- Smaller class sizes mean you get to know your teachers – many of whom hold PhDs – and can get focused, one-on-one attention from them.
- Knowing Spanish can help you land exciting jobs in a variety of fields.
- As our country’s Spanish-speaking population continues to grow, so does demand for people who can read and write Spanish, as well as translate Spanish into English and vice-versa.
- Studying a foreign language will prepare you to pursue graduate studies.
- Missouri State offers you many opportunities for study away, service learning and internships so you can practice speaking Spanish in real-world situations.
A degree focused on language proficiency, global competence, and professional skills
Students who want to study Spanish in depth pursue the Bachelor of Science in Modern Language. They attain advanced proficiency in Spanish and acquire the ability to understand cultural factors that affect how members of Spanish-speaking societies express themselves and view the world, to analyze and interpret target-language texts and other cultural products, and to apply those insights and skills in a variety of professional and academic settings.