Why study German at Missouri State University?
- Our well-educated, expert faculty provide you with a learning experience that can sharpen your speaking, writing and conversation skills.
- Smaller class sizes mean you get to know your teachers – many of whom hold PhDs – and can get focused, one-on-one attention from them.
- Knowing German can help you land exciting jobs in a variety of fields.
- Studying a foreign language will prepare you to pursue graduate studies.
- Missouri State offers you many opportunities for study away, service learning and internships so you can practice speaking German in real-world situations.
Developing your language, research and problem solving skills
The German degree at Missouri State University is a liberal arts program that focuses on developing a thorough understanding of the language, your speaking and writing ability, your research skills and your ability to problem solve. With this program, you will develop a broad, global perspective on the German language. This flexible degree also allows you to tailor the program to your specific interests and goals through elective coursework and the addition of a minor.
If you’re interested in teaching, the program allows its majors to teach mini-lessons during coursework, so you get experience and practice teaching German.