Why study French at Missouri State University?
- Our well-educated, expert faculty provide you with a learning experience that can sharpen your speaking, writing and conversation skills in French.
- Smaller class sizes mean you get to know your professors – many of whom hold PhDs – and can get focused, one-on-one attention from them.
- Knowing French can help you land exciting jobs in a variety of fields.
- Our expert faculty provide you with a learning experience that can be life changing.
- Studying French will prepare you to pursue graduate studies.
- Missouri State offers you many opportunities for study away, service learning and internships so you can practice speaking French in real-world situations.
Developing your language, research and problem solving skills
The French degree at Missouri State University is a liberal arts program that focuses on developing a thorough understanding of the language, your speaking and writing ability, your research skills and your ability to problem solve. With this program, you will develop a broad, global perspective on the French language. This flexible degree also allows you to tailor the program to your specific interests and goals through elective coursework and the addition of a minor.
If you’re interested in teaching, the program allows its majors to teach mini-lessons during coursework, so you get experience and practice teaching French.