The Appraisal and Development Plan (ADP) Process for full-time staff employees
Overview of the ADP Process
The Appraisal and Development Plan (ADP) is the University's formal evaluation process for all full time staff employees. The ADP process is designed to support the administration of the University's Performance Based Compensation System and the development of employees within the organization. This site has been set up to provide both supervisors and employees with information on the program and resources to assist with the administration of the instrument for new and current employees. The annual performance rating cycle for all full-time staff occurs between October 1st and January 31st.
Supervisor training, online forms, and resources
There are several online resources available to assist supervisors and employees with the ADP process:
- Online and Instructor led ADP Training Courses:
- ADP Review Course for Supervisors (Instructor led) - Please register through My Learning Connection and search under the "Human Resources" category to register for a training session. All sessions are held in PSU 313.
- Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 10:00am to 11:30am
- Tuesday, November 1, 2016 - 1:30pm to 3:00pm
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 1:30pm to 3:00pm
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 9:00am to 10:30am
- ADP Process Online Training provides an overview of the program, how to successfully conduct the evaluation process, developing effective communication skills, and guidelines for establishing and measuring objectives.
- The Appraisal and Development Plan - Planning and Evaluation Meeting:
The ADP Quick Reference Sheet provides information on the process to include the fillable online forms, time lines, and requirements for evaluation process.
- Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) form (Word Document)
Note: Please contact the Office of Human Resources for assistance and guidance before initiating the PIP process with an employee.
- The Employee Handbook for Administrative, Professional and Support Staff (Chapter 5)
- Supervisors and employees needing assistance on the ADP process or the Performance Improvement Plans (PIP), please contact HR Employee Development and Performance at X64592 or email@example.com .
- Supervisors having further questions regarding the Diversity and Inclusion Objective for the ADP can contact either Human Resources at X66616 or the Office of the Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion at X63736.
- if you have questions about the training, registration, or accessing the courses Please contact X64592/65779 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity Component for MSU Employees ADPs (Effective January 2012)
Our University's Long Range Plan has an important component for Diversity and Inclusion. Each employee should have at least one Objective listed in Section One of their ADP Planning Form in support of our long range plan (effective January 2012). The following resources are provided to assist supervisors in establishing an Objective or Job Duty for their employees and facilitating a discussion on the importance of Diversity and Inclusion:
- ADP Diversity and Inclusion Guide (PDF) The Objective or Job Duty listed in Section One of the ADP should be within the scope of the employee's job during the rated year and be provided as part of the Planning Meeting.
- ADP Diversity and Inclusion Talking Points (PDF) The discussion of the Objective/Job Duty will also open a dialog between the employee and supervisor during which time the supervisor can relate to the employee the importance of Diversity and Inclusion for the success of the University’s Long Range Plan.