Full-Time Faculty, Per Course Faculty and Teaching Assistants
Human Resources Employee Development and Performance (EDP) is your connection to learning opportunities on campus. My Learning Connection is the University's web-based learning management system that serves as a centralized library for personal and professional development activities offered by EDP, Health & Wellness, the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning, RStats and other Units.
Orientation and online compliance training information is listed below for Full-time faculty, Per Course faculty and Teaching Assistants.
My Learning Connection
When you log-in to My Learning Connection, you have 24/7 access to search for classes, register online and complete online trainings.
Faculty Instructions will assist you to register for and complete portions of your New Faculty Orientation.
Per Course Faculty Instructions will assist you to register for and complete required compliance trainings.
If you need additional assistance please refer to the Accessing My Learning Connection tutorials or feel free to call Employee Development and Performance at 836-5779 or 836-4592.
Accessing My Learning Connection will require your BearPass LogIn and Password. If needed, click here to setup your BearPass Account.
Getting Started with Orientation Registration and Online Training
New Faculty Orientation consists of in-person sessions and/or completion of required Institutional Equity & Compliance training. Both full-time faculty and per course faculty will complete the online compliance training and are both strongly recommended to participate in the Professional Development activities listed below.
Compliance Training (full-time faculty, per course and TAs)
All faculty are required to complete a three-part compliance training series within the first month of employment. Register for and complete the following three web-based programs through My Learning Connection:
- Preventing Sexual Harassment – Faculty Version
- Preventing Employment Discrimination – Supervisory Version
- In Their Shoes – Disability awareness
Per Course and TAs - Spring Semester Hires:
Access to My Learning Connection is activated within 2 business days after your official hire date, or no later than February 22, 2013 based on the completion process of employment paperwork. Please complete required compliance training by March 1, 2013.
Please ask your Department Head if you need to complete the optional HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Training) and/or FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) online training.
Clery Act: Missouri State University’s annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by the University; and on public property that is within the campus, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and other drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Office of the Dean of Students, Plaster Student Union 405, 417-836-5527; Human Resources, Carrington Hall 118, 417-836-6616; or Safety and Transportation, 636 E. Elm, 417-836-8870 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.missouristate.edu/safetran/SafetyFolder/safety/annual-security.html.
Professional Development (full-time faculty, per course and TAs)
All faculty have access to learning opportunities in My Learning Connection for personal and professional development:
- Attend the Showcase for Teaching and Learning on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 from 8:15-11:35am and 12:00-1:30pm. Online registration for this event is required through My Learning Connection. Per course faculty may attend this event.
- Register for Blackboard training through My Learning Connection for Blackboard 9.1 training. Per course faculty may attend this training.
- Subscribe to the Missouri State Alert System which is utilized for mass notification to contact students, faculty, and staff in the event of an emergency or school closing. Per course should subscribe to this service.
Orientation Sessions (full-time faculty only)
- Attend the Human Resources New Faculty Orientation on Monday, August 13, 2012 from 1:00 to 5:00pm. Online registration is not required. Contact Human Resources at 417-836-6616.
- Attend the Provost's New Faculty Orientation on Tuesday, August 14, 2012. Online registration is not required. Contact the Provost Office at 417-836-4589.