2460 Clinic Director, CSD
TITLE Clinic Director, CSD
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2460
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Department Head, Communication Sciences & Disorders
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Dean, College of Health and Human Services
The Clinic Director coordinates all activities related to clinic operations and assures compliance with all applicable city, state, and federal government regulations, the policies and procedures of the Communication Sciences & Disorders Department, Missouri State University, and the standards of all appropriate professional accrediting agencies. The Clinic Director provides an environment in which students may, under supervision, observe and participate in assessment, habilitation, and remediation of disorders affecting communication. The Clinic Director is accountable for fiscal management, clinical and staff management and development, delivery of effective services to clients, student practicum experiences, and marketing efforts.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Clinical Audiology is required; aPh.D. in Speech-Language Pathology or Clinical Audiology is preferred. Must be eligible for Missouri state licensure in Speech-Language Pathology and/or Clinical Audiology.
Experience: Five years of clinical experience is required; two years of management, supervisory,and fiscal management experience is required.
Skills: Effective oral and written communication skills are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Contributes to the effectiveness of the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department by supporting the goals and objectives established by the Department Head.
2. Builds an effective clinical staff of professional, clerical, technical, and support staff by selecting, training, and evaluating each member and encouraging and supporting opportunities for individual and group development for all staff.
3. Assures compliance with applicable accreditation standards, university policies and procedures, and city, state, and federal regulations by preparing the student/client practicum schedule each semester and providing student supervision as required by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA), providing client care in accordance with ASHA Professional Services Board (PSB) standards and ASHA Preferred Practice Patterns, operating the clinic in compliance with Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders and Missouri State University policies, procedures, and standards, and monitoring compliance with applicable accreditation standards, policies and procedures, HIPAA and government regulations.
4. Prevents institutional liability by ensuring that all required licenses and insurance are reviewed and in force.
5. Encourages communication and coordination of services by serving as the liaison between campus and off-campus sites and monitoring off-campus sites and initiating affiliation agreements with off-campus sites.
6. Helps to ensure sound fiscal management of the Speech-Language Hearing Clinic by preparing an annual budget request including part-time supervision requirements and annual equipment and materials requests, negotiating service contracts, and monitoring the billing and reimbursement of services provided for timeliness and accuracy.
7. Expands community awareness of the services provided by the Speech-Language Hearing Clinic by developing marketing campaigns, advertising the services provided by the clinic, making presentations to professional and community groups, and developing public service activities.
8. Ensures the effective delivery of services to clients by providing diagnostic and treatment services when necessary.
9. Provides practicum instruction and clinical advising/remediation when necessary.
10. Maintains competency and professional currency through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as necessary.
11. Contributes to the overall success of the Speech-Language Hearing Clinic and the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Clinic Director is supervised by the Department Head, Communication Sciences and Disorders and supervises professional, technical, clerical, and other support staff.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES