1620 Physician, Medical Staff
TITLE Physician, Medical Staff
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1620
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Physician, Coordinator Medical Services
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Director Taylor Health and Wellness Services
The Physician, Medical Staff provides quality health care for the University community in an out-patient, clinic type setting located in the Taylor Health and Wellness Center. Functional responsibilities include the diagnosis and treatment of patients using the most current medical knowledge and techniques.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: An M.D. or D.O. degree is required.
Certification: American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) certification is required.
Experience: Experience in general practice of medicine is required. Experience in preventive medicine and student health work preferred.
Skills: Administrative and supervisory abilities are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
License: Must be licensed to practice medicine in Missouri by the Missouri Board of Healing Arts. U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) narcotic registration number is required. Missouri controlled substance registration is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides quality health care for eligible members of the University community with an emphasis on individual wellness.
2. Assists in providing quality services which will ensure continued accreditation of the Health Center by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
3. Assists other members of the Health Center in providing health care to patients by using the medical team method when appropriate.
4. Ensures that quality health care is provided at the Health Center by assisting the Director in the selection of staff personnel and by recommending medical equipment and supplies as appropriate.
5. Keeps current on quality health care by attending professional conferences and meetings on a routine basis.
6. Prevents institutional liability by maintaining current knowledge of all federal and state laws regarding the providing of health care and by maintaining current license to practice medicine in Missouri.
7. Promotes the idea of an educated, healthy student body by assisting in the development and presentation of educational programs directed to students and other members of the University Community.
8. Contributes to the success of the Health Center by providing advice to the Director regarding general policies on health-related issues and by identifying and developing long-range goals and objectives for the Health Center.
9. Assists with the supervision of other medical providers such as Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, etc.
10. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
11. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Physician, Coordinator Medical Services and/or the Director.
12. Contributes to the overall success of the Health Center by performing all other duties and responsibilities as required.
The Physician, Medical Staff is supervised by the Physician, Coordinator Medical Services and functions with independence within a broad framework of stated objectives and professional practices.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED FEBRUARY 2012