TITLE Dietetic Internship Director and Certificate Advisor
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 2049
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Department Head of Biomedical Sciences.
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Dean, College of Health and Human Services
The Dietetic Internship Director and Certificate Advisor (DI director) coordinates all aspects of the program and works closely with departments and faculty with courses and options in the program.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline is required. Must be eligible for a full-time appointment as research or clinical faculty at Missouri State University and be eligible for graduate faculty status at the University.
Registration and Licensure: Registered Dietitian credentials and licensure as a dietitian in the State of Missouri are required.
Experience: At least five years of experience as a registered dietitian is required and must include a minimum of two years of experience as a clinical dietitian. Experience in dietetics education including teaching dietetics courses, creating and revising curriculum, advising students, and/or mentoring student research is required. Familiarity and experience with online technologies is preferred.
Skills: Effective oral and written communication skills are required. Effective interpersonal skills and organizational skills are required. Expertise in program development, analysis, and evaluation is required. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with University administrators, faculty, staff, and students is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administers the Dietetic Internship and Certificate Advisor program (DI Program) by coordinating decisions regarding the admission and progress of graduate students in the program, directing public relations and recruitment efforts, chairing the DI Program Advisory committee, serving as representative for the DI Program to the Graduate Council, serving as the initial academic advisor for graduate students enrolled in the program, implementing ongoing assessment procedures for the program as a whole, coordinating curricular actions for the program, developing policy, monitoring satisfactory completion of the program requirements for all students including program record maintenance, and managing the DI budget in coordination with the Department Head.
2. Remains competent and current through maintaining RD/LD credentials, self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the supervisor.
3. Release time equivalent to three credit hours will be given fall and spring semesters for program administration duties including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation critical for program effectiveness; summer duties will include necessary administrative duties of the program.
4. Teaching duties during fall and spring will not exceed 9 contact hours per semester and may include graduate and undergraduate courses.
5. Helps to ensure the success of the DI Program by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Dietetic Internship Director and Certificate Advisor is supervised by the Department Head of Biomedical Sciences.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES