What would you or your family do to make ends meet if you or a loved one were gone tomorrow? Universal life insurance provides a lump-sum cash benefit upon death. This financial security is invaluable, and the fund value accumulation allows for loans and withdrawals when needed. This flexibility lends peace of mind.
Even if you don’t have dependents, it’s smart to apply for life insurance. The earlier you start, the lower your cost of insurance will be, and the longer your fund value has to grow.
Why should I apply?
Universal life insurance is a great plan:
- Guaranteed issue: Everyone qualifies, regardless of current health status.
- Portability: If you leave your job for any reason, you may take the coverage with you with no change in benefit or premium. This includes the Long Term Care Rider, Extension of Benefits for Long Term Care and the Terminal Illness rider.
- Long Term Care rider: You can get an advance of your death benefit to offset LTC costs.
- Extension of Benefits for Long Term Care (LTC): This enhances your policy, extending the benefits month-by-month for an additional 25 months after the LTC benefit has been depleted.
- Accelerated Death Benefit for Terminal Illness: If your physician determines that you have less than 12 months to live, you can request up to 75 percent of your death benefit as a living benefit.
Call human resources at 417-836-6616 with any questions.