Why study fashion merchandising and design at Missouri State?
- You will learn technical skills, hone creativity and increase your business knowledge.
- Choices - you can choose an emphasis in design and production or select merchandising, which focuses on the business aspect.
- Study abroad programs will enhance your global design perspective.
- Internship and networking opportunities abound thanks to well-connected faculty and alumni.
- You will gain great hands-on experience as you learn about the changing fashion needs of clients, the industry and the world.
Best of both worlds
Are you creative and technical? Do you like to predict trends, work hands-on or manage businesses? A Bachelor of Science in Fashion Merchandising and Design is a great way to find your place as a business leader in the exciting world of fashion. You may choose to emphasize in merchandising and management or in fashion design and product development
A creative pattern for success
At Missouri State University, you can also specialize in fashion design and product development. As a designer, you take your ideas from the drawing board to the runway. Those who graduate with an emphasis in design and product development are successfully employed as pattern makers, designers and visual merchandisers.
From sketch to runway
A degree emphasizing in fashion merchandising and management unites your ability to transform your design ideas into works of art and offers you the opportunity to learn about the following:
- Current and future industry trends
- Product development
- Marketing and fashion promotion
- Show production
- Merchandising math
Merchandising and management graduates are successfully employed as buyers, retail managers, fashion coordinators and business owners.