Why study risk management and insurance and Missouri State?
- Our program – one of only 52 in the nation – has strong support from the insurance industry with numerous scholarships available to you.
- We can help you get in touch with employers who are looking for interns and potential employees in the insurance field.
- Many of our professors continue to connect their students with job openings to help them find work after graduation.
- Our program has an advisory board made up of professionals within the risk management industry, ensuring that our curriculum is relevant and up-to-date.
- Many students who graduate from our program complete one or more insurance certification exams prior to graduation. These examinations and the experience of preparing for them can build your resume and prepare you for your future in the insurance industry.
- Many of our students have been known to receive multiple job offers upon graduation.
The Baker Chair of Insurance
The Baker Chair of Insurance, the first endowed academic chair at Missouri State, was activated in 1997 with the appointment of the first chair holder, John E. Patton, associate professor of insurance.