Why choose an MBA with the finance option at Missouri State?
- Our flexible scheduling will enable you to complete your degree in a timely fashion while balancing your studies with work and other responsibilities. This will also help you cut costs while you pursue your degree.
- You will be equipped with the understanding necessary for higher-level positions in the fields of finance, real estate, risk management and insurance.
- Our excellent faculty will be there to help you make the best decisions for both your graduate college career and your professional career.
Don’t have a business degree, but interested in an MBA?
Our program accepts non-business students! If you do not have an undergraduate degree in business coming into our program, you will need to take prerequisite classes in addition to the degree requirements. You will also need to meet the admission requirements for the Master of Business Administration program.
1. Core requirements - 24 hours
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|*ACC 711||Managerial Accounting**||3 hrs|
|*CIS 761||Management Information Systems||3 hrs|
|*FIN 780||Advanced Financial Management||3 hrs|
|*MGT 764||Organizational Behavior||3 hrs|
|MGT 767||Organization Strategy and Policy||3 hrs|
|*MKT 772||Marketing Management||3 hrs|
|*QBA 775||Quantitative Methods in Business Decision Making||3 hrs|
|Select one course from FIN 682***, MGT 747***, MKT 774, or FIN 686||3 hrs|
*Students whose undergraduate major is in a MBA core course discipline must consult with the MBA Program Director to determine if they should substitute another 600- or 700-level course in the College of Business for the core course in that discipline.
**Students who have completed Managerial Cost Accounting must consult with the MBA Program Director to select an appropriate substitute course.
2. Other Requirements - 9 hours**
Seminar (A Seminar Course is required) - 3 hrs
Elective Options - 6 hours:
In consultation with the MBA Director, students will select six hours of elective courses. Many students will choose to complete a COB Graduate Certificate in conjunction with their MBA, as most COB Graduate Certificates do not require additional coursework outside the 33 hours required for the MBA.
The COB Graduate Certificates that are available are:
** No more than 6 hours of 600-level courses may be applied to the degree program.
Students are expected to demonstrate research and writing proficiency appropriate to the business environment. Significant written projects are required within each of the core courses. In lieu of the required seminar course and one other course from the area of concentration, a student may complete a thesis for 6 hours of credit.