Description: The Kate Neal Kinley Memorial Fellowship provide meaningful opportunities for individuals holding a bachelor's degree in the fine and applied arts to enhance their professional status, to aid their pursuit of an advanced degree, or to finance a special project within the field. Fellows may pursue their projects either in America or abroad.
Dollar Value: Three major Fellowships will be awarded, one of $22,000 in any field of music; one of $20,000 in instrumental or vocal music, architectural design and history, art and design, theatre, or dance; and one of $6,000 in art, architecture, dance, landscape architecture, theatre, or urban and regional planning. The Fellowships are to be used by the recipients toward defraying the expenses of advanced study in America or abroad.
Number of Scholarships: Three major fellowships will be awarded.
- The Kate Neal Kinley Memorial Fellowship competition is open to graduates of the College of Fine and Applied Arts of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and to graduates of similar institutions of equal educational standing in the following fields: Architecture — Design or History; Art — all branches; Dance — Choreography, Performance, Performance-Choreography; Landscape Architecture — History, Culture and Heritage, Sustainable Design, or Design Theory and Practice; Music — all branches; Theatre — Acting, Design, Playwriting, or Theatre Research/History; Urban and Regional Planning — all branches.
- A Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Art, Dance, Landscape Architecture, Music, Theatre, or Urban and Regional Planning is required.
- Applications are accepted from individuals of all ages, but preference is given to applicants under 25 years old.
- Selection is based upon the applicant's high achievement in his/her major field of study or related cultural fields, as well as the character, merit and suitability of the program proposed by the applicant. Seriousness of purpose and good moral character will be considered as part of each application and will be included in the judgment of the Committee.
- The candidates who, in the opinion of the Committee, appear to possess the greatest promise and the greatest likelihood to benefit from the Fellowship will be recommended to the Chancellor and Provost at the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign as recipients. Group work is not eligible for submission.
Application Procedures: The application for the Kate Neal Kinley Memorial Fellowship is available online at the website of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign's College of Fine and Applied Arts at http://www.faa.uiuc.edu/about_faa/funding_opportunities.html
Deadline: December 3, 2013
Kate Neal Kinley Memorial Fellowship Committee
College of Fine and Applied Arts
University of Illinois
608 E. Lorado Taft Drive, #100
Champaign, IL 61820