Why study dietetics at Missouri State?
- Small class sizes and a low student-to-faculty ratio allow you to receive individualized attention and become connected with faculty and other students in the program.
- Faculty members in the dietetics program are practicing registered (RD) and licensed dietitians (LD) who value the importance of your career and academic advisement.
- Dietitian is repeatedly listed as a top profession by several of the leading career publications. There is a need for dietitians due to the growing awareness of health issues and concerns.
- Dietetics graduates from Missouri State must complete an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) approved internship program and pass a national registration exam to become a registered dietitian. The program boasts a 100 percent pass rate on the national exam for the past three years for our graduates.
- You will have the opportunity to get involved with community nutrition programs and health care facilities, gaining valuable experience in nutrition education.
- The program has a reputation of producing quality students who have a strong foundation in the sciences and are successful in internships, graduate school and professional programs.
- Facilities available to you in the program include a state-of-the-art computer lab with analysis software and access to our BodPod body composition system and new state-of-the-art DEXA body image scanner.
Paving a career pathway
With an education rooted in science and community experiences you will be able to better help others understand the importance a healthy diet and good nutrition play in our everyday lives. For more information about internships and the national exam, visit the program requirements page.
Visit the mission statement, goals and program outcomes page for more information about the program.
The didactic program of dietetics at Missouri State is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
120 South Riverside Plaza
Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995