Our total costs are also lower than those of most other public universities in Missouri. We invite you to compare.
Undergraduate Tuition, Costs and Fees
Cost of attendance
The following table shows typical costs for a full-time undergraduate student living on campus during the 2017-18 academic year.
|Missouri resident||Non-Missouri resident|
|Total cost of attendance||$20,062||$28,502|
|Tuition and fees (based on 30 credit hours)||$7,306||$14,746|
|Room and board (average)||$8,537||$8,537|
|Books and supplies (estimate)||$1,100||$1,100|
|Total base cost||$16,943||$24,383|
Actual costs vary by student, based on credit hours, academic program, lifestyle and other factors.
Our net price calculator allows you to see the cost of attending MSU and gives you estimates of federal, state and institutional aid.
More than 70% of undergraduate students receive financial aid
An extensive listing of tuition, student services and enrollment fees
- The costs above are for an academic year (fall and spring semesters). You can also take summer classes for an additional cost.
- Selected courses require an enrollment fee per credit hour. These fees are assessed of all students who take the courses, not just students whose majors are in the college or department.
- Missouri State’s priority application deadline for financial aid is Feb. 1.
- International students should review international costs.
- Courses taught online have a higher tuition rate.
- Some courses have a supplemental fee to cover the cost of materials, supplies or other expenses directly related to the delivery of the course.
- Student teaching fees apply for teacher candidates.
- The Board of Governors approves the fee schedule, which includes all tuition and fee rates.