Our total costs are lower than most other universities in the state and well below the national average. We invite you to compare.
Undergraduate Tuition, Costs and Fees
Annual cost of attendance
The following table shows typical costs for a full-time undergraduate student living on campus during the 2017-18 academic year.
|Missouri resident||Non-Missouri resident|
|Total cost of attendance||$21,062||$28,502|
|Tuition and fees (yearly)||$7,306||$14,746|
|Room and board (average)||$8,537||$8,537|
|Books and supplies||$1,100||$1,100|
|Total base cost||$16,943||$24,383|
|Estimated miscellaneous expenses||$4,119||$4,119|
Tuition and fees are based on 15 credit hours per semester (fall and spring). Actual expenses vary by student, based on credit hours, academic program, lifestyle and other factors.
Entering freshmen may qualify for an out-of-state fee waiver, a full waiver of nonresident fees.
A tool to estimate your personal cost of attending Missouri State, including estimates for financial aid
More than 70% of undergraduate students receive financial aid
A comprehensive listing of tuition, student services and enrollment fees
- Selected courses require an enrollment fee per credit hour. These fees are assessed of all students who take the courses, not just students whose majors are in the college or department.
- Many financial aid opportunities have unique deadlines, some as early as Dec 1. You must apply for admission, be admissible and meet scholarship requriements by the deadline to qualify for consideration.
- International students should review international costs.
While courses taught online have a higher tuition rate, students may pay a lower total price because of savings on transportation and student fees.
- Some courses have a supplemental fee to cover the cost of materials, supplies or other expenses directly related to the delivery of the course.
- Student teaching fees apply for teacher candidates.
- The Board of Governors approves the fee schedule, which includes all tuition and fee rates.