Civil and Family Mediation Training - March 29-April 2, 2017, in Springfield, Mo.
- Download the CDR's Mediation Training Brochure
- View Detailed Learning Objectives for the Mediation Training
- Read Comments from Past Attendees
- Lodging Options for Out-of-Town Participants
The CDR has been offering high-quality professional mediation training for nearly 15 years, and we will again offer Civil and Family Mediation Training March 29-April 2, 2017, in Springfield, Mo. This event features more than 20 experienced mediators serving as trainers and coaches, including Charlene Berquist, PhD; Charlotte "Charlie" Jennings, MS; Heather Blades, MA; Gloria Galanes, PhD; Tobin Dunn, JD; Jim Meyer, PhD; Jason Lessmeier, JD; Tara Forrester, MS, PLPC; and many others!
We hope you will join us for this highly interactive 3-day (civil mediation training March 29-21) or 5-day (civil and family mediation training March 29-April 2) training. You have three training options to choose from:
- Civil Mediation Training (March 29-31) - . This training covers basic mediation skills and applies these skills to civil cases.
- Civil and Family Mediation Training (March 29-April 2) - This 40-hour training includes both civil and family mediation training.
- Family Mediation Training (March 31-April 2) - This advanced training applies basic mediation skills to family cases, including divorce and child custody mediation. Note: you must have completed civil mediation training prior to attending this training.
The training takes place from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. each day. Participants develop their mediation skills through role-plays and interactive exercises and receive extensive one-on-one coaching and written evaluations of their skill development from coaches with a wide range of experience in a variety of types of civil and family mediation. The training covers a variety of topics, including:
- The causes and dynamics of conflict
- Listening skills
- Negotiation theory
- Interests vs. positions – getting at the real goals in a conflict
- Diversity, power, and conflict
- Mediation techniques, and much more
Learn From Over 20 Presenters and Coaches
The CDR's Mediation Training offers an unparalleled learning environment for attendees by bringing together expert presenters as well as coaches with experience in all types of mediation, including civil mediation, family mediation, employment mediation, dependency mediation, and more. This structure allows participants to learn from mediators with a wide variety of perspectives and approaches to mediation and offers networking opportunities with experienced professional mediators.
Continuing Education Credits
Completion of the entire 40-hour training meets the mediation training requirement for Missouri Supreme Court Rule 17 (general civil mediators) and Rule 88 (family mediators) (individual Circuits may have additional requirements for mediators who wish to receive court referrals.) This training has also previously been approved for mediators in several other states including Arkasas, Kansas, Illinois, Texas, and Louisiana - for more information on state approvals please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This training provides either 24 clock hours (for the 3-day options) or 40 clock hours (for the 5-day option) of continuing education credit, and has been previously approved for the following types of credit:
- CLE (continuing legal education) (48 hours from the Missouri Bar, 2.4 professionalism credit hours)
- SPHR, GPHR, and PHR (from the Society of Human Resources Management) (39.25 general recertification credit hours)
- NBCC (from the National Board for Certified Counselors)
- NASW (from the National Association of Social Workers)
- CEU (continuing education units - one CEU is awarded for every 10 hours of participation)
The CDR's mediation training offers an unparalleled value, and training registration fees include all training materials (including a 500+ page training binder and The Mediator's Handbook by Jennifer Beer) as well as a full breakfast and lunch each day.
The following are the training fees** for the Mediation Training. Payment plans may be arranged upon request. A limited number of partial scholarships are available - download a scholarship application here.