What to do if... you've been sexually assaulted:
Tell someone you know and can trust.
Go to a hospital and tell emergency personnel that you have
been sexually assaulted. Take the clothes you were wearing
and a set of clean clothes. Don't shower or bathe before
Report the assault. If on campus, call Safety and
Transportation (65510). If off campus call 911.
Reporting the assault does NOT commit you to filing charges.
Call the hotline. In Springfield, call 864-SAFE (7233).
Outside the Springfield area call 1-800-821-6863.
Both can provide information about resources and services available to you.
Contact a residence hall staff member, the Dean of Students,
and/or the Counseling and Testing Center to find out how
the University can assist you. All information will be kept
Remember: it was NOT your fault.
For emergency medical treatment call 911 or go to:
Mercy Emergency-Trauma Center 886-2115
Cox Emergency Department (North) 269-3193
Cox Emergency Department (South) 269-4083
For statistics regarding sexual assault
Who to call in Springfield for help following an assault:
- Missouri State University Safety and Transportation (on campus) 836-5510
- Springfield Police Department (off campus) 911 or 864-1810
- Missouri State University Counseling and Testing Center 836-5116
- Victim's Center 864-7233
- Family Violence Center 864-7233
- Mercy Emergency- Trauma Center 885-2115
- Cox Emergency Department - North 269-3193
- Cox Emergency Department - South 269-4083