Im·mer·sion /iËˆmÉ™rZHÉ™n/ : Noun - Deep Mental Involvement
Our immersion programs feature the opportunity for students to spend their breaks (spring, summer, fall) volunteering, immersed in the community. These experiences allow students to learn more about a community, immerse themselves in the culture and social issues that a community faces, and grow as a volunteer into an Active Citizen.
Spring Break Immersion 2016
Want to spend your Spring Break doing something fun and meaningful? The Spring Immersion Trips are week-long experiences in which students are immersed in a new culture, group of people, and experience. Trips include direct service with local agencies, learning about a specific social issue, social time in the destination city, and time to meet other students.
APPLY NOW! Click here for application
Faculty/Staff/Graduate Assistants that are interested in being an advisor, please EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org . We would love to hear from you!
Costa Rica Immersion 2016
Join us for our newest International Immersion Trip to Costa Rica (January 3 - January 9)! This service adventure will focus on Eco-Agriculture in the Costa Rican Highlands of Monteverde. We will be working alongside local coffee farmers to learn about the region, culture, an sustainable practices. Not only will this trip allow us to experience the beauty of Costa Rica, it will also let us immerse ourselves in the culture and spirit of service. This trip is first come, first serve, so apply early! Contact Alex Johnson at AlexJohnson@missouristate.edu for more information.
Learn more about the trip during these Information Sessions:
- Thursday, Sept. 24th - 6:00p.m. in PSU 131
- Monday, Sept. 28th - 8:00p.m. in PSU 131
- Wednesday, Sept. 30th - 8:00p.m. in PSU 131
- Thursday, Oct. 1st - 8:00p.m. in PSU 131
Click here for more details: Costa Rica 2016
Bear Breaks is the student organization that organizes our "Alternative Break" program. Promoting alternatives to your break. These trips are typically low cost ($200-$400 for a spring break trip) that covers food, transportation, lodging, and any additional expenditures. See Payment Policy
- Being immersed in the diverse environments enables you to experience and discuss social issues in a significant way.
- The aim is to contribute volunteer hours to communities in need and help influence your own life. You will be able to make positive steps after you return to improve your community and be a more active citizen.
- Get to meet and spend time with other service minded individuals. It is a great way to have fun, learn more about Springfield and get to know others.
For 2015-2016 Immersion Trips: