Sore from Sitting?
Applying Ergonomic Principles at the Computer Workstation
This consultation will provide ergonomic recommendations and intervention for those who spend much of their time working at a computer station. The Department of Phsycial Therapy will provide information on proper posturing/positioning and development of healthy habits to maximize function and minimize dysfunction/injury at work.
Participants will learn:
- How to recognize and minimize harmful forces experienced by the body’s tissues during work tasks.
- Proper chair adjustment/selection.
- Proper computer monitor, keyboard, mouse positioning.
- The pros and cons of seated vs standing computer workstations.
- Practical techniques to maintain healthy tissue flexibility and endurance.
Individual consultations are available by request. Visit the physical therapy clinic website or call 417-836-3070 to schedule an appointment.
For additional questions, please contact the Employee Wellness Coordinator at BenHunt@missouristate.edu.