The Ursa Experience, taking place August 14-16, 2017, is packed with fun interactive activities that will help you meet your fellow Bears and get immersed in Missouri State! Each student will be assigned to a small Spirit Team that will be led by current Missouri State student leaders, who we call Ursa Majors. A sample of the Ursa Experience activities include:
- Spirit Team Roll Call – Create & perform a fun and unique roll call with your Spirit Team to show your creativity and Bear pride!
- Traditions 101 – The Ursa Majors teach you all about Missouri State’s rich history and traditions and get you excited to be a Bear. Trust us: You’ve never had a class like this!
- Bear Hunt – Compete against other Spirit Teams using what you learn in Traditions 101 as you complete the ultimate campus adventure!
- MSU First Semester Statement – Develop a personal purpose statement you can use to help you follow your passion and find your place at Missouri State.
- Public Affairs – Learn through interactive sessions about the three pillars of our Public Affairs Mission — community engagement, cultural competence, and ethical leadership — and how you can fulfill each pillar as a Bear.
- StrengthsQuest – Discover your personal strengths and explore how they will help you succeed at Missouri State and beyond.
- Campfire – Make roasted marshmallows while you connect with other students and look forward to your first year at Missouri State.
Lunch with Faculty & Alumni – Create connections with current Missouri State faculty members and alumni and become even more prepared at be a Bear!
Sports, swimming, and other fun activities – Enjoy the summer weather by taking a dip at the conference center’s lake swimming area, playing sports like basketball and volleyball, spending time with fellow Bears playing games, and more!