If you have experienced any problems regarding sexualized violence, sexual assault, rape, sexual misconduct, dating and domestic violence, sexual harassment, sex discrimination, stalking, or pregnancy rights consider the following for immediate actions.
Get Help Now
What to do if you have been the victim of a Title IX violation?
Emergency contact numbers for Springfield campus following an assault:
- Title IX office: 417-836-6810
- Missouri State University safety and transportation (on campus): 417-836-5510
- Springfield Police Department (off campus): 911 for emergencies or 417-864-1810 for front desk
For emergency medical treatment call 911 or go to:
- Mercy Emergency-Trauma Center: 1235 E. Cherokee, Springfield, MO, 417-820-2115
- Cox Emergency Department (North): 1423 N. Jefferson Ave., Springfield, MO, 417-269-3393
- Cox Emergency Department (South): 3801 S. National Ave., Springfield, MO, 417-269-4083
Call the crisis hotline
A crisis hotline exists to help you through the hours immediately following an assault.
Call 417-864-SAFE (417-864-7233)
- Advocates on-call 24-hours a day.
- Availability to talk on the phone.
- Availability to meet at the hospital or police department.
- Victim advocates are available to accompany victims to the hospital for examination, care and possible evidence collection.