Becoming a sustainability commissioner gives you the ability to implement lasting changes at Missouri State University. You will gain valuable leadership experience while advancing sustainability on our campus.
The Sustainability Fund provides the means to implement student-initiated projects on the Missouri State University-Springfield campus that focus on sustainability and lessen the negative environmental impact of the University.
Interested in joining? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Sustainability Commission must meet at least once a month during the academic year, but may choose to meet more often than once monthly and possibly over the summer, if needed.
The Sustainability Commission shall consist of the following members:
- One student who shall serve as Chief Sustainability Commissioner
- Six students at-large
- No more than two of whom shall be from the same academic college
- One shall serve as Vice Commissioner
- One shall serve as Administrative Coordinator
- The Vice President of Administrative Services (or appointee)
- The University Architect and/or Campus Planner (or appointee)
- The Sustainability Coordinator (or appointee)
- Vice President of Student Affairs (or appointee)
The non-student members of the Sustainability Commission listed above shall have voting rights. Other non-student faculty and staff members may attend meetings, but they will stand as ex-officio members with no vote.
Ex-officio Members shall include
- Student Body President
- The Director of Accounting and/or budget liaison (or appointee)
- A Faculty Senate representative
- A Staff Senate representative