What is a Green Team?
The Green Teams program gives Missouri State University employees an opportunity to reduce the environmental footprint of their office or department and the campus as a whole. Green Teams commit to conserve energy and resources, as well as educate and engage their peers.
The Goal of Green Teams:
- To significantly reduce energy and resource use at Missouri State University, to generate less waste and to create a more sustainable campus
- To use this effort to better educate students, faculty, staff and the community about best practices in sustainability
- To create a collegial atmosphere of cooperation among different units of the University, while promoting a friendly competition among them
Want to Start a Green Team?
Follow these steps to start a Green Team in your office or department:
- Choose an Eco-Ambassador – this person will serve as the primary contact for your Green Team. The Eco-Ambassador will complete the Green Team application and attend training
- Complete all aspects of the Green Team Application Packet
- Compile your member list* for your office or department, which includes faculty, staff and students with office space – these individuals make up your Green Team. You can add members to your team each time you apply for a Leaf
Eco-Ambassadors receive resources and information regarding sustainability, as well as education on how to best disseminate this information and increase peer participation. They also receive ongoing support from the Sustainability Coordinator.