Centennial Leaders Scholarship Program
The Centennial Leaders program is a scholarship and leadership program for first semester freshman. It is designed to equip and apply leadership skills in order to excel in campus and community leadership roles.
The Hutchens/SGA Centennial Leaders Scholarship is a two-year scholarship program jointly funded by a generous donation from the Hutchens family and a matching contribution by the students at Missouri State. The scholarship ranges in value from $1,250 - $2,500 per year depending on financial need. The program is designed to recognize deserving students who exhibit outstanding leadership potential. The successful applicant will excel in three of the four areas of student involvement:
- Performing Arts
Visit the Hutchens/SGA Centennial Leaders Scholarship page for scholarship details and requirements.
In addition to receiving the scholarship, scholars will participate in the Missouri State sponsored Centennial Leaders Program. Students will experience a plethora of opportunities and experiences that are exclusive to the program.
The first year of the Centennial Leaders Program is designed to integrate the students into the campus. The first year program includes the following aspects:
- Welcome Banquet: A meet and greet dinner to get to know all the scholarship recipients, facilitators, faculty, and staff.
- Leadership Program: A 5 week course led by older students that meets once every other week to teach students valuable leadership skills.
- Fall Weekend Retreat: An all expenses paid weekend long leadership retreat including a ropes course at the Windermere Conference Center in Roach, MO.
- Spring Sessions: Special workshops that are accustomed to one's needs.
- Centennial Leaders Interviews: Assist in interviewing incoming Centennial Leader applicants.
- -Socials: Opportunities for peers to get to know one another.
The second year designed for the sophomore level scholarship recipients encourages them to pursue campus and community leadership roles.
- Points System: Sophomores are asked to obtain at least 100 points in their second year of the program. Points are earned by getting involved in organizations on campus, working, community service, and many other options.
- STAR Awards Banquet: Students are recognized for their completion of the program.
- Spring Sessions: Special workshops accustomed to one's needs.
How to apply
Centennial Leaders Facilitators
During Centennial Leaders participants' first year requirements they will complete a ropes course and leadership program. The leadership program component is led by older students and gives the scholarship participants perspective on leadership and values. The facilitators for this program take responsibility for helping plan session content, leading sessions, and working with students as they develop. Facilitators gain valuable skills in leadership development, small group communication, program facilitation, and planning. Any student interested in applying to be a Centennial Leaders Facilitator should follow the link below and the instructions therein.
Applications open in April 2018!