National Student Employment Week
The Student Employment Office is hosting a variety of events in recognition of National Student Employment Week, including the Student Employee of the Year Reception and Award as well as gifts for all student employees on-campus. We encourage departments to plan departmental celebrations showing appreciation for the student employees in their area.
Student Employee of the Year Award
The Student Employee of the Year Award is given to one exceptional student worker to congratulate them and thank them for their hard work and dedication. Nominees and nominators will be invited to our Student Employee of the Year event that will be separate from the STAR Awards. Students who are employed through a graduate assistant contract do not qualify for this award.
2017 MSU Student Employee of the Year
Zoe Pixler with President Smart
The student winning this award will not only receive special recognition at the Missouri State University Student Employee of the Year Reception and STAR Award Ceremony, but will also have the chance to be recognized at the state, regional, and national level.
- Missouri State University Student Employee of the Year Winner will receive a $50.00 gift card, certificate and congratulatory letter from MASEA, an assortment of prizes donated from local employers, and MSU STAR Award
- Two runner-up nominations will receive a $25.00 gift card and an assortment of prizes donated from local employers
- The department of the selected MSU Student Employee of the Year will receive the MSU "Best Place to Work on Campus" traveling trophy
- All nominees will be entered into a raffle at the reception for generous prizes donated by local employers
- All nominators will be entered into a raffle at the reception for generous prizes donated by local employers
- State winners will receive a certificate and check for $75.00
- The MASEA regional winner will receive a plaque and a check for $150.00
- The MASEA winner will be submitted for the NSEA Student Employee of the Year Program
- The National winner will receive a cash award of $1,000