Individualized Majors

Information and Procedures for Students Wishing to Pursue Individualized Majors

  1. Refer to Interdisciplinary Studies in the current Missouri State University Catalog and read carefully the section on Individualized Majors. Make sure that you qualify and want to proceed. This major is available as a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree.
  2. Discuss your ideas with your present advisor and other faculty members with expertise in the areas you wish to include in your program. (If you are not familiar with Missouri State faculty, suggestions will be provided when you register your intent with the Academic Advisement Center.)
  3. Clarify in your own mind your ideas and preliminary plans for an individualized major. Call and set up a meeting with Amy Marie Aufdembrink in the Academic Advisement Center Office (UNVH 109; 417-836-5258) to discuss your intent to pursue an individualized major. She will explain the requirements of the Individualized Major and how to proceed with your written proposal.

Hear what a graduate has to say about her individualized major!