April 5, 2014
On today's date, the Springfield Police Department notified the MSU Department of Safety and Transportation of a sexual assault that was reported to have occurred earlier this morning on April 5th. A female MSU student reported that she was sexually assaulted by two males in her residence hall room. She was acquainted with the males, who are not MSU students. The Springfield Police Department has located and questioned the two males, and this incident is not related to the sexual assault noted in the bulletin on April 4th. No further information is available at this time.
This incident is being investigated by the Springfield Police Department.
- Sexual Harassment and Rape Prevention (SHARP) training is available to all female MSU students, faculty, and staff. Students can register online through the Campus Recreation webpage; faculty and staff can register through the Human Resources Training webpage. The course is free to all Missouri State University female students, faculty, and staff members.
- The MSU Dean of Student's Office has a significant amount of resources available to assist victims of sexual assault. (417-836-5527)
- If you go out, walk in groups.
- 'Safe Walk' walking escorts are available upon request by safety personnel to escort students, faculty, or staff by calling 417-836-5509.
- If you are drinking, make certain you are with a trusted non-drinking friend that can be a designated driver, or look after your safety until you are sober.
This notice is distributed in compliance with the "Timely Notice" provisions of the federal
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998
Anyone having information is asked to contact MSU Substation at 417-836-5509 or the Springfield Police Department at 911.