Sexual Assault

What to do if... you've been sexually assaulted:

  • Tell someone you know and can trust.
  • Go to a hospital and tell emergency personnel that you have been sexually assaulted. Take the clothes you were wearing and a set of clean clothes. Don't shower or bathe before you go.
  • Report the assault. If in a residence hall, contact staff. If off campus call 911. Reporting the assault does NOT commit you to filing charges.
  • Call the hotline. In Springfield, call 417-864-SAFE (7233). Outside the Springfield area call 1-800-821-6863. Both can provide information about resources and services available to you.
  • Contact the University Title IX coordinator in Carrington Hall 205, 417-836-8506, a residence hall staff member, the Dean of Students and/or the Counseling Center to find out how the university can assist you.
  • Remember: it was NOT your fault.
  • For emergency medical treatment call 911 or go to:
    • Mercy Emergency-Trauma Center: 417-886-2115
    • Cox Emergency Department (North): 417-269-3193
    • Cox Emergency Department (South): 417-269-4083