In addition to the University’s admission requirements, students are required to take a placement class and have an interview with the Dance faculty prior to the first semester of coursework in the major. On-campus auditions and interviews for a place in the program takes place each year, during the fall and spring semesters. Specific information as to the date and the process is available through the Department of Theatre and Dance.
- General Education Program and Requirements
- Major requirements (46 hours)
- Dance Techniques (21 hours minimum). No fewer than 6 hours in each of the following:
- Composition/Choreography (4 hours); DAN 320(2), DAN 420(2)
- History (6 hours): DAN 180(3)-satisfies General Education requirement; DAN 552(3)
- Technical Theatre (3 hours): THE 150(2), THE 151(1)
- Anatomy and Kinesiology, Somatic Practices and Dance Pedagogy (8 hours): DAN 364(3), DAN 365(1), DAN 565(4)
- Professional Development (3 hours): DAN 240(1), DAN 340(2)
- BS Project (1 hour): DAN 482(1)
- Public Affairs Capstone Experience will be fulfilled by completion of DAN 552 and DAN 565.
- A grade of C or better in all DAN and THE courses required for the major
- Minor Required (or second major)
- General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements