Art and Design Education
Art and Design (Comprehensive)
In addition to completing Foundations courses (ART 100, 101, 110, 115) students must have a combined GPA (Missouri State and transfer combined) of at least 2.50, GPA in Art and Design of 2.50, "C" or higher in ART 360. Application for admission to the degree program may be made after completion of 30 hours and must be made before 75 hours have been completed.
- General Education Program and Requirements
Specific General Education Requirement: ART 271(3) or 272(3) or 273(3) or 274(3)
- Major Requirements (66 hours)
- Foundations (12 hours): ART 100(3), 101(3), 110(3), 115(3)
- Art History (9 hours): ART 271(3) or 272(3); ART 273(3) or 274(3); and ART 480(3) or 484(3)
- Studio Art (30 hours):
- Art Education (15 hours): ART 360(3), 366(3), 401(3), 460(3), 466(3)
Public Affairs Capstone Experience will be fulfilled by completion of ART 490(12).
- Professional Education Courses. Note: A grade of “C” or better in each course is required for state certification.
- General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements
- This program also requires compliance with the Teacher Education Program for eligibility to enroll in Professional Education courses; admission to and continuance in the Teacher Education Program; approval for supervised teaching; and recommendation for certification which includes following GPA requirements. All GPA requirements include both Missouri State and transfer grades.
- at least a 2.75 GPA on all course work attempted at all colleges attended
- at least a 3.00 GPA in the certificate subject area (major field of study) which includes all courses listed under B
- at least a 3.00 GPA in any additional certificate subject area
- at least a 3.00 GPA in the professional education courses which includes all courses listed under C; and no grade lower than a "C" in all professional education courses