Organizational Communication (Non-Comprehensive)
- Complete a minimum of 59 credit hours.
- Complete the General Education Foundations courses.
- Have a combined grade point average (Missouri State and transfer) of 2.50 or higher or have a GPA of 2.75 for the last 30 hours of courses completed before applying for admission to the degree program.
- Complete COM 115 and COM 209 with a GPA of 2.50 or higher.
- Submit application for admission and receive approval by faculty advisor and Head of the Department of Communication.
A student must meet these requirements by the time he/she has completed 90 hours of courses (Missouri State and transfer) to be admitted to the program. No waiver of these requirements will be granted except that transfer students transferring 90 hours or more will be allowed one semester to complete the departmental core courses after transferring to Missouri State.
Major requirements (36 hours):
Note: three hours may double count in General Education requirements.
Students pursuing an Organizational Communication major (non-comprehensive) must complete a minimum of nine credit hours not counted as requirements on any other major in the Department of Communication.
- Specific General Education requirement: COM 115(3).
- Departmental requirements (9 hours): COM 209(3), 210(3), 350(3).
- Communication practices (6 hours): COM 205(3), 315(3).
- Organizational communication requirements: COM 332(3), 336(3); 360(3) or 512(3); 338(3) or 436(3); 437(3), 511(3) or 521(3).
- Public Affairs Capstone Experience will be fulfilled by completion of COM 437(3).
- Minor required (or second major).