Health Services (Comprehensive)
The comprehensive major in Health Services is an interdisciplinary program designed to:
- Provide allied health professionals with associate degrees or certificates opportunities for professional growth, preparation for leadership positions, and career advancement
- Provide a foundation for those who plan to enter the workforce as a non-clinical healthcare professional
- Provide a foundation for those who wish to progress into non-clinical graduate programs
Formal admission to the Health Services major requires completion of at least 30 hours of coursework, completion of IPE 375(3) with a grade of "C" or better, and a combined (Missouri State and transfer) GPA of 2.75 or higher. Students who fail to meet GPA requirements when a minimum of 75 credit hours have been earned will not be permitted to continue in the major.
Major requirements (68-86 hours):
Major core (33 hours):
Specific General Education requirement: PSY 121(3).
- Interprofessional Leadership Core (30 hours): IPE 375(3), IPE 381(3), IPE 382(3), IPE 470(3), IPE 475(3), IPE 575(3), IPE 576(3); HCM 301(3) or HCM 303(3); MGT 340(3); NUR 515(3).
- Public Affairs Capstone Experience will be fulfilled by completion of IPE 375(3).
Complete one of the following options:
Clinical Services Option (30-53 hours):
Completion of an accredited allied health associate degree/certificate program. Professional/clinical coursework must have been completed through an accredited institution in order to be applied to the degree requirements. Professional/clinical coursework will be evaluated for transfer credit on an individual basis. A maximum of 53 hours can be applied toward this degree.
Health Services Option (35-36 hours):
- IPE 376(3) or IPE 377(3); IPE 378(3), IPE 379(3), SWK 595(3); BMS 599(3) or SWK 599(3).
- Complete one of the following emphasis areas: