Missouri State Outreach works with academic departments and colleges throughout the University to provide a wide range of credit courses at both the Springfield campus and off-campus sites beyond the Springfield campus, using technology-based delivery systems and traditional off-campus instruction delivery systems. The academic programs offered undergo the same academic review and scrutiny as academic programs offered in traditional settings.
Visit the Outreach website for more information on online, iCourses, Evening College Plus, noncredit, off-campus, high school dual credit, and summer classes.
Traditional on-site instruction
Classes are offered at locations throughout southwest Missouri taught by MSU faculty, commuting to the sites, or by qualified instructors from the local community approved by academic departments as having areas of special expertise.
Technology-based delivery systems
The distance learning strategy involves two major delivery systems: Interactive Video (BearNet) and iCourses.
Interactive video (BearNet)
Technology-based courses may be offered via BearNet at the following sites:
- Cassville MO – Crowder College-Cassville Campus
- El Reno OK – Redlands Community College
- Hollister MO – Ozarks Technical Community College-Table Rock Campus
- Joplin MO – Missouri State University-Joplin Site
- Lebanon MO – Ozarks Technical Community College-Lebanon Campus
- Miami OK – Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College
- Mountain Grove MO – Missouri State-Mountain Grove Campus
- Neosho MO – Crowder College-Neosho Campus
- Nevada MO – Crowder College-Nevada Campus
- Nixa MO – Nixa Public Schools Faught Administration Center
- Waynesville MO – Ozarks Technical Community College-Waynesville Campus
- West Plains MO – Missouri State-West Plains Campus
iCourses provide an opportunity for students to take required general education courses with minimal physical classroom attendance required. Learn more about iCourses.
High School Dual Credit Program
Qualified high school students can receive both high school and college credit in specially approved classes offered at participating high schools. Learn more about high school dual credit.