College of Natural and Applied Sciences


Accelerated master's option.Indicates accelerated graduate program is available for students in this major.



Centers for Research and Service

Center for Resource Planning and Management

The Center provides educational training, applied research and community outreach services in the field of urban planning and community development. The Center is an affiliate data center of the Missouri State Census Data Center and an administrative agent of the Southwest Missouri Advisory Council of Governments.

Ozarks Environmental and Water Resources Institute

The Institute supports efforts to protect and restore water quality and supply in the Ozarks Region of southern Missouri and northern Arkansas. It provides a hub for science-based monitoring and assessment of water and sediment quality trends, watershed function and disturbance, and land use/land cover change in the Ozarks.

Bull Shoals Field Station

The Bull Shoals Field Station operates to promote research and provide educational programs that increase public understanding of southwest Missouri ecosystems. 

Graduate program

A Master of Natural and Applied Science degree is administered by the College of Natural and Applied Sciences. Courses are offered toward the option in Natural Science within the Master of Science in Education degree in Secondary Education. Additional graduate programs are offered through the academic departments in the College of Natural and Applied Sciences. 

Accelerated Master of Natural and Applied Science

Eligible Missouri State undergraduate students in a major in the College of Natural and Applied Sciences may apply for preliminary acceptance into the Master of Natural and Applied Science program after admission requirements for the accelerated master's option have been satisfied. If accepted, a maximum of 12 credit hours from approved graduate-level courses may be counted toward both the graduate and undergraduate degrees (Mixed Credit). This option offers an opportunity for CNAS majors whose goals, academic capabilities, and career planning include graduate work, to complete the requirements for the master’s degree in less time than would otherwise be possible. Refer to the Graduate Catalog for more information.

For courses to be designated as Mixed Credit, the graduate advisor, undergraduate department head, and Graduate College dean must approve by signing the Permission for Mixed Credit form. This form must be provided to the Office of the Registrar in Carrington Hall 320 no later than the end of the Change of Schedule Period for the semester.