To be eligible to register, you must either be a continuing student or be admitted (or readmitted) for the semester for which you are registering. If the Eligibility Checklist (found on the Registration Status page in the My Missouri State portal) indicates that you are a continuing student, are enrolled for the current semester, or have been enrolled within the last year of the semester for which you are registering, you may register as follows:
- If you enrolled for (or just completed) the fall semester, you may register for the subsequent spring, summer, or fall semesters.
- If you are enrolled for (or just completed) the spring semester, you may register for the subsequent summer, fall, or spring semesters.
- If you are enrolled for (or just completed) the summer session, you may register for the subsequent fall, spring, or summer semesters.
If you qualify as a continuing student but want to change classifications for the semester for which you are registering (for example, change from a nondegree-seeking student to degree-seeking; or from undergraduate student to graduate student), then you must apply and be admitted under the new classification.
If the Eligibility Checklist indicates that you are an admitted student, then you have applied for admission (or readmission) and have been admitted for the semester for which you are registering.
If the Eligibility Checklist indicates "no" in the admitted or continuing student line, then you must be admitted (or readmitted) for the semester before you can register. To apply online for admission or readmission go to http://www.missouristate.edu/futurestudents/applynow.asp.
All first-time freshman must participate in an orientation program on campus and register for their first semester in person. Web Registration is not available to first-time freshman for their first semester of enrollment.
Contact information for questions regarding admission or readmission
- Degree-seeking undergraduate students should contact the Office of Admissions, 417-836-5517 or toll-free at (800) 492-7900.
- Graduate students should contact the Graduate College Office, 417-836-5335 or toll-free at (866) 767-4723.
- Nondegree undergraduate or postbaccalaureate students should contact the Adult Student Services Office, 417-836-6929 or toll-free at (877) 678-2005.
- International students should contact the Office of International Services, 417-836-6618
- Teacher Certification students should contact the College of Education Teacher Certification Office, 417-836-8772